And they got me out of the room. With the promise that I would never have to go back if I told them what they needed. Such a dark room it was, that the black clutched my chest to my heart, and my heart to my stomach.
Such a dark room it was, that when the voice opened the door, I was blinded by the white, white light. Two hands grabbed my arms and pulled me through the light. It hurt, it burned.The light was so bright, I just could not manage to open my eyes.
But when I did, the rest of the room was darker. The single light was only lighting my face. It still burned.
- Could... could you please turn the light off?
I asked to the coarse man I knew was in the shadows, to the voice I've heard before.
- Liked the shadows, huh? But I'm guessing the food was not well, as you've decided to violate yourself. That mind of yours is quite a thing, don't you think?
I was tired. Hadn't eaten in days. The light was still hurting. I could do nothing but nod. He laughed.
- Ludicrous. So nice. What do you have for us today?
Was I doing the right thing? It was not proper. Half the world was sure I was crazy. The other half kept I locked in there, to pretend I was crazy, but to use me. An instrument, was all I served for. I had left so much behind I had almost forgotten about all human sense. All I had was the dreams to hold on. Those cursed dreams.
- TALK! Bloody schizofrenic... What are you waiting for? Hugs and pampers?! Go ask your mamma!!... Oops, I forgot. She's dead'n stiff. And you are the lamp-genie here!
I had a hand in my throat before I could touch his nose. Brought me back to my chair. Useless. Powerless.
- Next time you try to attack me, try to dream where I'm going first. Psycho. Maybe this has earned you a couple of years more in this place.
Menacing. But nothing could make me feel lower than I am. This hole's already showing me its bottom.
- Great. Can I get my drugs then? I am not able to sleep.
- Aww, and I just got the lights permanently off for you. Need a night light, darling?... You aren't useful to me in drugs, idiot. Now, talk Wiz.
Menacing again. But I couldn't care less.
- I don't think that my last dreams are useful to you. Maybe the drugs...
The fist crushed my nose bones. Blood streamed down. I did not noticed I was on the floor when the hand grabbed me with the neck to lift me again.
- You need a dream, huh? Well I'm givin'ya a dream...
I was on the air when I passed. I was on the air when I started running away.
It was looking for me and I ran to hide, to leave it behind. It was not dangerous. It was not a menace. I did not wanted to go back to it. I just needed to leave. I doubled a corner, and hid in the dark alley. It passed me.
Cold air filled my lungs in a rush. Bloodred eyes. Something was in my hand. Cold, thin and dangerous.
- Now you tell me what you dreamed.
A last quick move. Right on his back. Neck.
- Nothing for you, really. Just what I've been dreaming last days.
It sank. Blood streamed all the way down to his elbow. The unknown I was trying to scape caught me, restrained me.
Then darkness once again. Time to sleep again.